Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sadie's favorite game

When in doubt, give her a bag of poker chips.

Sadie loves taking things out of other things. When wife puts her purse on the floor, Sadie's there three seconds later, emptying it of its contents. It's kind of like when we used to have indoor cats... you put a plate of food down, turn your back for an instant (like if you have to sneeze), and when you turn back to your food it's disappearing down Gromit's gullet.

Luckily, after having learned from my son, I now know to use Sadie's desires to my advantage. So, if the nanny has to leave early and I still have half an hour of work to do (not that that's ever happened), I simply throw a bag of poker chips on the floor. Sadie comes trucking over, takes them out one by one, and moves on to the next thing to destroy, which is uslly my computer. So I jump up, refill the poker bag, and... just like hitting a reset button, Sadie returns to empty it.

Yes, I give my daughter a plastic bag to play with, filled with small, choke-able items.
Oh, like you're perfect.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Know what else works great? One of those fabric tomatoes that holds pins.

Anonymous said...

hence the concept of leggos and building blocks - now you too can make a fortune by making poker chips large enough so not to choke baby and place them in a large box with a lid! and you thought you were going to have to work for a living........by the way, I get 10% for the marketing idea - love mom