Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wheels!


The other day I picked up a skateboard at Wal-Mart for $9. When I told my mom that Soen was skateboarding, she asked me if he was wearing a helmet. I said no because Soen was only going about five feet an hour. I don't think she believed me, so I'm posting this video to show the kind of daredevil stunts my son and daughter do on the skateboard. (Anyone want to lay odds on whether she still thinks he should be wearing one?)

Since then, however, I've purchased a push scooter for him, which he's much better at (and does wear a helmet for). The funny story about the push scooter is that I had mentioned to wife a few weeks ago that I thought it would be cool to get him one of those since he could ride it better than his skateboard or bike. She said, "How about we wait until his birthday," which totally seemed like a great plan until I decided I couldn't wait until October.

Soen loves the fact that I got put in time out for buying him his new scooter (which is a big hit, by the way). And I wonder why my kids don't listen to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! "Awesome!" Love that he scratches his head when you suggest he "stand" on it - I think Sadie will be standing on it and she will need the helmet first!

My guess is that by the time he's 5 - you will wish you had never bought this for him!

By the way - where's the"push cart" video? love Dee Dee

thanks for the new blog! love mom

BonnieBlue said...

True that Incredible! Hi Soen and Sadie. Love, Grandma B