Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sadie's time to shine


Sadie working the Shirley Temple angle.

So, I know my daughter is cute and all, but every time we go out in public, people stop in their tracks and gawk at her. Wife once told me she could barely get through Target without being stopped in every aisle. I think people with puppies have the same experience. They have to stop every five minutes to let people ooh and ahh and pet their dog. (Yes, I'm comparing my daughter to a puppy. No, no one pets her.)

My favorite is when people ask us where her curly hair comes from. Honestly, I think we get that three times a day. Obviously, it's certainly the first thing people notice when they see our kids. Especially her. And then of course when they look at us it does seem like a natural question to ask. My standard response is that our mailman had curly hair. Some times they laugh but I like it better when they don't.

P.S. That beeping you hear is our coffeemaker. Could it be any more annoying? We figured out how to turn it off once but have since forgotten.

4 comments:

BonnieBlue said...

I tried to explain this to my students but they don't know who Shirley Temple is. Poor babies. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

finally - she performs on cue! now you have a combo - guitar and harmonica - the "mops heads"! love dee dee

Anonymous said...

p.s. by the way - Shirely Temple always performed with a very cute dress on! love dee dee

Anonymous said...

howdy scott - just checking in - the family seems awesome and is cuter by the day. next clip one of your guitarist kids will have to do the whole bloody fingers broken strings floppy hair circa daddy,upstairs at nick's. - kiki