Friday, April 9, 2010

RV crazy

Sadie strikes a pose in her new hot pink 'kini.

A year ago or so, Soen and I had a morning to ourselves. And as we was driving up the main drag, looking for things to do I saw this RV place that I'd passed so many times before and thought perhaps Soen would like to check them out. We climbed into every RV on the lot and Soen was just blown away by the whole concept. But he especially loved this one that had a bunk bed over the driver's cabin and--best of all--a TV that would sit inches from his face.

Ever since that day he's been asking, on a weekly basis, "Dad, when are we gonna get an RV?" And I've been replying: "We'll rent one one of these days, Soen, I promise."

The other day Wife had a great idea. For his birthday, we're going to rent an RV for the weekend. She told him one day recently when he was in a bad mood about something and his mood changed instantly.

Now, instead of asking when we're going to get an RV he monitors our spending to make sure we save up enough money for this RV trip. Literally every time we purchase something he steps in and says, "No! We have to save money for the RV!" And we have to talk him down off the ledge and explain that getting a haircut isn't going to put the RV out of range.

I just hope that when we eventually do rent the RV that he's not disappointed. We'll see.


4 comments:

BonnieBlue said...

I am also going to do this in CA! Yeah Soen. I will use your strategy. Hugs!

BonnieBlue said...

Ms Sadie is sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I just hope driving the RV with whatever is blasting away on the TV is as much fun for Daddy and Mommy as it will be for Soen. God strategy Mom as always - and fun to look forward to something so special. dd

Anonymous said...

By the way - the bathing beauty blows me away - so much personality in her pose and so pretty in pink - says her totally unbiased grandmother! dd