Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Gecko

Soen wasn't so sure about the whole move until Mommy found a gecko in our backyard.

Before moving down here, I had been trying to build up the place, so he could get excited. "Soen, in North Carolina they have geckos all over the place." I didn't know if this was true, but I had seen two at one of the 22 houses my dad and I visited on our whirlwind house-finding trip in January, so, I gambled that they were everywhere.
"I can bring them home?"
"Well, not inside the house, but you can play with them outside."
"I can touch the geckos?"
"Geckos, yes. Alligators, no."

Since we were moving on March 1st, I didn't know if it would be too cold for geckos. However, Michaela found this one when she was cleaning our porch on the day the movers were arriving with our stuff. Since then we've only seen two geckos in the two weeks we've been here, so we were very lucky to find him. After all, Soen had just put up with a 12-hour car ride, spent two nights in a motel, and had to bide his time while his parents went to closing. So he was feeling a little uneasy about this whole move thing. It wasn't quite what Daddy had promised. So, as I said, we were lucky to find the gecko.

As for the gecko, he atually made it out of his Soen encounter alive, only losing the very tip of his tail. I then convinced Soen to let him go to heal. I'm actually not even sure this is a gecko. Can anyone shed some light? Feel free to comment.

As for this blog: I was going to start at the beginning and do a chronological tale for whoever cares to read it, but I think it'll be better if I just write things as they happen or as I remember them. I promise to keep them short.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll know it's a gecko if it speaks with a cockney accent.

Scott said...

Nice. He did give me a good deal on my car insurance. Thanks for commenting, Lisa. I was beginning to think either the comment option wasn't working or that people were so unamused they fell asleep before they could register their disappointment.