Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mommy leaves!


Michaela left detailed instructions on how to keep the kids alive and a bottle of medicine for me.


Today was the day I'd been dreading since before the move. Michaela left to spend three days in Winston-Salem to train for her new job, leaving me alone with the kids. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!


By "alone" I of course mean alone from 5pm until bedtime (6 for Sadie, 8 for Soen), since the Katherine the nanny is here during work hours. So really, I just had to feed Sadie and put her to bed. And I just put Soen to bed after going over the ground rules for the thousandth time.

Rule #1: You can get out of bed ONCE to pee.

Rule #2: You cannot get out of bed to tell me you're scared because we both know you're not.

Rule #3: No, seriously.


So far, he's obeying the rules, but we'll see.


I expect Sadie to wake up three times tonight, which is normally unusual for her since she been sleeping through the night. But she's begun teething, so that's fun.


We'll see how things are tomorrow. Meanwhile, Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale is calling to me. After all, it was almost a rough three hours.

No comments: