Friday, May 4, 2007

Blackmail Dept.

The other night Michaela was explaining the differences between boys and girls to Soen who said, "I wanna be a girl, Mommy." "Well, Soen," she said, "You're a boy. Boys and girls have different parts." "No, Mommy, I wanna be a girl so I can nurse babies." "But you don't have boobies. You need boobies to nurse babies." "No, mommy, I eat up all my food so I can grow big boobies and nurse babies." Ever since Sadie showed up, Soen's been into mothering his toys. He has this stuffed kitten that he calls his baby. He even pretended to nurse it once.

I'm trying to see if we can't parlay this phase into getting him to change Sadie's diapers. After all, shouldn't we be encouraging our children to follow their dreams?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Correction from the wife:

I should correct that...when I said soen couldn't be a girl and didn't have boobies...he got upset and lifted up his shirt to show me his. Then, when I said they were too small to feed a baby like Sadie he reasoned that if he ate his dinner "all up my boobies will get big and sadie will eat them."