Thursday, July 5, 2007

Travel travails, part deux

Sadie to USAir: "Eat my diaper!"

On Monday my father-in-law was flying back home to Providence from here -- on USAir, through Philly. He gets to the airport and they tell him his connection from philly is cancelled. No reason--not weather or anything justifiable--just cancelled. And he can't fly out until tomorrow. Luckily for him, he didn't have anywhere to be and was able to stay with us another night. We made sure to route him through any other airport than Philly.

This reminded me of one thing I left out in my last rant: Right after they gave my seat away, they proceded to cancel all the rest of the day's flights to my airport--all SIX of them. No reason given.

Anyway, I'm not turning this into an anti-USAir blog, but I did want to mention that from now on we are driving an hour and a half to Raleigh just to avoid having to fly with them.

In other news: We spent the 4th at the beach and the pool and Soen, who had always been afraid to jump in the water or play in the waves, suddenly had a breakthrough and did both. In fact he went from not jumping in the pool to doing all sorts of hilarious, death-defying, heart-attack-inducing-for-his-mother stunts in the space of about ten minutes. My favorite is this ballet move where he twirls around and spins his way to the edge, and the does the sideways leap into the pool, yelling "tannendall!" I tried to tell him it was "cannonball" but he informed me that I was mistaken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he gets his ballet expertise from me! love Dee Dee

BonnieBlue said...

I can't wait to see Soen jumping in the waves and the pool.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE TRIP TO RALEIGH TAKES 3 HOURS - NOT 1-1/2! I'D HATE TO HEAR ABOUT ANOTHER BAD TRAVEL EXPERIENCE AND THIS TIME WITH THE CHILDREN! DEE DEE