Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween


Some pics from our first Halloween in Dixie. Fun was had by all. In this picture on the right, Soen is demonstrating how a dragon sleeps in a nest of pine needles. Sadie lasted about an hour.

I had forgotten about children's boundless love of candy. Ever since we went trick or treating, my son has asked at least once a day to see his loot. He then dumps it out on our kitchen table and examines every piece, asking what each one is and then reporting what we say to the other parent. "Daddy! This one tastes like banana!" He is allowed one piece a day and man if he doesn't look forward to that piece all day long. "Daddy! This lollipop has rainbows!" It's hard to believe that in a week or so, he'll have forgotten all about his candy. Last year we wound up throwing out 90% of his goodies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late responding to these posts but I'm just re-entering life on the island on a normal basis - since my life as a 18 hour a day chef and entertainment administrator ended yesterday at 7:30 a.m.! Papa and I need your nest of needles for a long nap!

Your candy habits mimic those of your daddy - he would stare at the loot for days and days and admire each piece - and then take many minutes to decide which piece to consume on which day. Usually by Dec., the candy was replaced with all things holiday!

Reminded me - how did the first dental cleaning go?

Love Dee Dee