Thursday, April 24, 2008

So uncool.


Soen and Sadie, sweating to the oldies.


My friend Nicole and I were talking about how our kids are growing up and how bittersweet an experience it is. I was telling her one of the things I'll miss most about this age is that Soen doesn't care about being cool. He's still at that age where he likes to be goofy and do things he likes to do, even if other people don't. For example, the other day he and I were at the playground and there were a bunch of older kids there. They all knew each other and were not at all interested in playing with him. Rather than be upset that no one wanted to play with him, he decided to pretend to be a baby squirrel fox (or some other imaginary creature) and he crawled around the jungle gym on all fours, yipping at the big kids as they tried their best not to trample him. He was quite content acting like a baby animal, pretending to build a nest and sleep on the ground. Of course, if one of those big kids had made fun of him he would have come running to me in tears. But luckily they couldn't have cared less about him. In a year (or less) he'll be too embarrassed to do anything like that. That's one of the things about this age that I want to bottle up. The whining and not listening... well, not so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this video! Soen has some great moves and Sadie is trying hard to copy him. But, you should still try to get a video of Sadie shaking her bibbie! No one has ever done it better!

I'm not sure, but has he grown another inch? Incredible long legs on that boy. Send me stats, please, if they've been to the doctor lately.

Thanks for this - love Dee Dee!

Anonymous said...

sorry - spelled "bippie" wrong - but it's late and I'm brain dead!

Anonymous said...

Hey you should know that according to Victoria Soen is in the "in" crowd because that jumping dance move he does -- straight out of High School Musical!!
ARGH -- It's true Disney is taking over the minds and bodies of all our children.

Love - Auntie Janet

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Gr'ma Bonnie watching too. About every other day I look at this and try to figure out when I will be there again.