Sunday, August 17, 2008

Highs and Lows

I broke out the "Moonlighting" filter for this one.


Weird day, yesterday. Wife had to work in the morning so I took the kids to my favorite place, Fit4Fun, which is basically a big room with lots of toys for the kids and chairs for the parents. Perfect for a slow morning. And the kids had a blast and played together like adorable angels, as you can see here. Soen drove Sadie all over the place. Every once in a while he'd get out to go to work and she'd follow him. Then they'd get back in and he'd help her get settled and close the gate behind her and they were off again. Cute, right?

Then after their nap they turned into these two monsters who didn't stop whining or crying or fighting all afternoon. Wife and I were counting down the minutes until bedtime.

For me, though, the most memorable part of the day was at dinner when Soen (naked, of course) wiped his butt with his napkin and then put it on the table. And he looked at me like I was crazy because I was having trouble finding the right words to express my confusion and displeasure. Go figure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

for his fifth birthday, I buying him underwear coated with crazy glue - so we can keep his butt covered! I do think that bare butts at 5 are a bit much - and that sanitary measures are called for - but that's just me.......


remember - children acting as angels are a figment of your imagination - - it's just their way of yanking your chain and setting you up for the kill!

love mom

Anonymous said...

It's payback for every gray hair we gave our parents!
Janet

Jim said...

Hol.ee.crap. That's hilarious. Well - like father like son, right?

Scott said...

Yes, well, what's acceptable at the workplace isn't always acceptable at home.