Monday, December 1, 2008

The Butterfly Whisperer

Soen the Lepidopterist.
Sorry for the fuzzy photo. This is what you get from a beat up cell phone. I took this photo from a recent trip to the science museum in Raleigh. We spent literally an hour in this one room that featured living butterflies. He was so psyched that he could have these huge butterflies hang out on him he didn't want to do anything else. It was very cute. He'd get one of these big Owl butterflies to sit on his finger and he'd walk around the room showing off his friend to all the newcomers. We originally went to this museum to see their dinosaur exhibit but nothing could top the butterflies. He told me he wants to be a butterfly scientist, which displaces Spanish Moss scientist as his new future occupation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture him showing off the butterflies to everyone who entered - sort of like he did with the crabs you caught for him on the beach! He's Mr. Personality. Thanks - I needed that. Love Dee Dee

BonnieBlue said...

Thanks for the new pictures. I needed them. I have been home for only three weeks now and I already want to come back.