Monday, December 15, 2008

Water Park Adventure


OK, so this isn't the most exciting clip of all time. I included it for two reasons: 1. To show my kids snuggling after a hard days' excitement at the water park; and 2. To show proof that I let my kids watch "The Year Without a Santa Claus" on TV. Those of you who know me, know of my aversion to Santa Claus. But I couldn't let my kids grow up without knowing about Heat Miser. Now that would be cruel.

We had a great time at the water park (The Great Wolf in Williamsburg, VA). Even the 5 hour car ride wasn't so bad. (Not that I'm ready to do it again, but having the portable DVD player really saved the day.) The water park itself was awesome. It was indoors, for starters. And there were lots of great rides that both kids could go on. And considering that we were there for pretty much two full days doing almost nothing but the water park, we didn't get bored once. The kids both loved it. There were only two down sides. First was the fact that we didn't sleep very well, being cooped up in the same room. Second was when Sadie vomited in the hot tub. Soen and I (conveniently) weren't around for that. We were too busy going down the same slide over and over again. Oddly enough, when Soen and I went looking for Wife and Sadie and I happened to notice that the hot tub was closed and my first thought was, "I wonder if Sadie was responsible." I guess I have a sixth sense when it comes to my kids' bodily functions and closed pools. I wonder if there's a way to make money off of that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time - I guess hot tubs aren't so good for little ones, pregnant moms, and older people with heart conditions. That should leave plenty of room for you and Soen to hog the tubs of the world!

I would think the three Peanuts specials for thanksgiving and the one or two (?) for Christmas teach really good lessons and are harmless to your anti-santa campaign?

love an elf!

BonnieBlue said...

I am missing knowing that I will be there for solstice. More videos please. Kidsick grandma!