Sunday, January 11, 2009

China, soccer, and spider-man.


So I know I already have a clip of Sadie singing Spider-man, but I wanted to post this one because I like the way Soen is chillin' in the doorway. He's been a super goofball lately. The other day he said, "Hey Daddy, you don't have a penis. You just have a china." This got a laugh from me but probably not for the reason he was expecting.

In other news, we just signed him up for soccer, which starts in a couple of weeks. We've been wanting to sign him up for some kind of organized sport for a while now. It's funny, I'll talk to another parent and they're like, well today little so-and-so has dance lessons and yesterday he went to his swim meet, and tomorrow he's taking Italian blah blah blah. And I'm like, "Oh yeah? That sounds like my son. Yesterday he was running around the house naked, calling me a butt crack and today he was running around the house naked, telling me I didn't have a penis." And I wonder why we don't get invited to more parties.

Not that I want him to have a crazy busy schedule like some kids, but I think it would be good for him to do something organized. With clothing. Anyway, it was a bit of a struggle to get him signed up for soccer. He likes soccer and he'd probably be pretty good at it. But he was scared at the thought of it. We tried looking in to other things like swimming and golf but the schedules didn't work out for us. And try as we might, he wanted nothing to do with soccer. But the other day the guy who runs Soen's after school program said, "Soccer's the coolest" and he asked everyone to hold up their hand if they were playing soccer. All these hands went up and suddenly soccer is the coolest thing ever. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else, I'm sure it will make for some more blog entries.

5 comments:

BonnieBlue said...

How much did you pay him to say that?

Anonymous said...

China!? There's just so many interpretations we could make.

I have the kids do "Colossus of Maroussi" stance when I clean their nether regions. Sometimes we update to "Colossus of Rhodes." But you get the idea. The other day I asked Sylvia to do Colossus of Maroussi so I could clean her "hootchie" (our own clinical term). She snickered and said "Colossus of Hootchie" and struck her pose.
Cracked me up and somehow jives with your Chinese penis. I don't have a family blog where i can detail these cute things, so I'm stealing your comment section.
Love to all, especially The Wife.
Marianne

Anonymous said...

this just makes me feel bad because i don't clean my kids nether regions! btw little miss sadie is paying us back for all those "perfect baby/sleeper" moments with a stubborn streak a mile wide.
michaela

Anonymous said...

Sylvia and Sadie are not allowed to hang out with each other when they become teenagers. I'm laying down that law right now.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you haven't seen or heard anything yet.........still laughing - Dee Dee