Friday, January 30, 2009

Poop monsters

Soen has entered the phase where he must make a goofy face in every photo. He gets that from me.

I'm tired of dealing with other people's poop. This morning I changed Sadie's diaper twice before we got out the door for school. Last night she actually pooped in the potty and we whooped it up and celebrated with ice cream and song. But the double number twos this morning made me think that she was just playing me for the ice cream.

Meanwhile, the boy likes to yell from the bathroom: "Will somebody check my butt?" And when you open the door, there he is, sprawled out on the floor with his butt in the air like he just don't care.

This past Saturday, however, Soen came downstairs from his nap, went straight into Wife's room and woke her up, saying that he pooped and needed her help. She said to go wash his hands and flush the toilet. He replied that the poop was not actually in the toilet, to which she said the only sensible thing you can say: "Scott! Soen needs your help!" I won't go into any of the gory details. I will say that I'm still kind of fuzzy as to how the events unfolded.

Anyway, Sadie's actually ahead of Soen in the poop department by about six months or so. But the day we can finally ditch that Diaper Genie can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try become an instant mom with two in diapers at the same time for an initiation! The way I look at it, we are in diapers from the moment we're born - have a brief hiatus and then before you know it - it's DEPENDS time! Sort of like sucking your thumb and having food cut up for you - what goes around comes around.

Hopefully your father and I can stay in the brief hiatus for a few more years.......

Some days are just more full of S____ than others! this too shall pass! love mom

p.s. you might want to consider their diet when Sadie is pooping at night and then twice the following day and Soen isn't able to make it to the pot? Did you slip some ex-lax into their oatmeal?

BonnieBlue said...

Time passes and it is a good thing sometimes. Although I can't say I ever wished for more diapers, I do wish I had more time with my kids when they were little. Enjoy.