Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sadie's first gig


She's kind of obsessed with the Spider-man theme song these days. Frankly, she's kind of obsessed with all things Spider-man. Ultimately, though, she's really just obsessed with doing everything her big brother does. And I mean everything. If he runs and jumps over the ottoman, she'll do it, too. Of course, since she's not as adept as her brother, what she usually does is like the Cliff's Notes version of whatever it was he did.

It's even funnier when she copies him even when she's not sure what he's doing. For instance, sometimes when Soen wants something he'll run up and whisper in my ear. And then sure enough, Sadie will come running up to whisper in my ear as well, although, having no idea what her brother said, she'll just make whispering noises.

And I wish I had a nickel for every time she says the phrase "Sadie, too." Whenever Soen says anything she follows it up with "Sadie, too"--again, even when she's not sure what it is he's saying. The other day Soen rattled off a rather extended tale of something he did, going into minute details the way 5-year-olds do. Sadie sat next to him in rapt attention listening to him ramble for several minutes. And when he was done, she turned to me and said confidently, "Sadie, too."

1 comment:

BonnieBlue said...

Thanks. I was starving for grandchildren. I would love to see some Sandy and Dan pictures of Solstice, too.