Monday, June 1, 2009

The Taming of the Shrew's Hair

The cleanest Sadie will ever look.

Sadie's hair is basically a rat's nest 95% of the time. It's a very cute rat's nest. And all the people who comment on her golden curly locks never seem to notice the snarls entangled in knots ensnared in the morass that is her hair. And no matter how much we wash her hair or how much leave-in conditioner we slather on it when it comes to trying to get a comb through her hair... well, let's just say that she'd probably prefer to be waterboarded. At least, that was the case before we were clued in to the secret of the African American hair products.

I don't know what's in this extra-strength conditioner Wife picked up the other day, but I'm sure it's probably single-handedly responsible for global warming. Frankly, I'm willing to be blissfully ignorant on this issue because it worked like magic. One application of this stuff and the knots practically fell out by themselves. For the first time it was actually possible for someone to run a comb through her hair.

So, I had to take a picture. Her hair actually stayed presentable all through the dinner we were going to when I took this picture. The same can't be said for her white dress.

(One might gather, from the way I wrote this, that I handle all of Sadie's hair care. Of course we both know that's not the case. Sadie does have a shirt that says "Daddy does my hair," but I think wife bought that to deflect all the blame.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - so I gather the Suave III that I searched all over the planet for does not work anymore - so please bring this product with you or let me know so I can search MV for it. After all - a month of knots and tangles will be no picnic - and we want lots of cute pictures!love DD

BonnieBlue said...

I miss my grandchildren and I don't know when I will see them again. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie - I don't know how many times you look at the blog, but I must visit these pictures at least 3 times a day! Thank heavens for Scott's willingness to share the kids this way. Grandparents can go into kid withdrawal very easily! s.

BonnieBlue said...

You are so right, Sandy. Whenever I need a smile, I open the blog. Cute curls and giant brain. I can see it.