Friday, May 29, 2009

The Quiet Game

The old salty dog at the helm.

We went to Hilton Head this past weekend and had a blast. This photo was taken on a dolphin spotting tour. All the kids on the boat got a turn at the wheel. Most of them, like Soen, stood there in amazement. Sadie, on the other hand, was driving the boat like she'd done it her whole life. Here you can see her scanning the horizon. Even the captain said, "Look at her! She's like, 'I got this.' "

Anyway, my favorite moment from the entire trip was in the car ride on the way down. It was a five-hour drive and towards the end the kids were understandably getting a bit rambunctious. So, we tried playing the Quiet Game. This is the entire transcript:

Wife: Hey guys, let's play the Quiet Game!
Soen: OK Mommy!
Wife: On the count of three we all have to be as quiet as possible and see who can stay the quietest the longest. Ready? 1...2...3!
Sadie: I LOSE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud! Sadie is a card.

BonnieBlue said...

Thanks Scott and Sadie. Kit and I woke up today a little sad. John's service is today. Although it will be a glorious celebration of his life, it is saying goodbye. I saw the blog and said, "I love having grandchildren." I am smiling, now. Kit laughed when I showed it to him, and stated, "It is good to have a son in law who is a great writer." Hugs to all. Today's celebrations have an added event tonight. A fundraiser with 3 bands and lots of dancing and drinking. John will be with us.