Monday, October 15, 2007

Goal!


Aunt Carol came down for a couple of days and we all had a rather nice time together. Being Aunt Carol, she had to spoil the kids rotten with scads of gifts, one of which you can see here in this video clip. Being Soen, his favorite gift was the soccer goal, since you A) get to kick things and B) it makes a fun sound when you do. Being me, I couldn't resist telling him that after he kicked a goal, he had to run around with his hands in the air, yelling "Yay," which he did with great enthusiasm, if not great technique. I thought it was hysterical, so I ran for the video camera and tried to get him to do it again.

I don't know why I ever think I'm going to capture something on the video camera, since the kids always stop doing whatever it was that sent me for the camera by the time I actually get it. This time was no exception, since Soen had lost the aforementioned enthusiasm for running around like a World Cup winner. However, this "outtakes" video is in some ways better. My favorite is when he misses from three feet away.

Oh, the P.S. to this is two days later he is still playing with this and still running around like an airplane after kicking a goal. (If I could only get it on film!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well - at least he was trying to please Daddy - if not with tons of enthusiasm! The interesting thing to me in this video is that each time he kicks with his LEFT foot. Since my brother and I bat "left" but are completely right-handed, I can't wait to ask Skip if he played soccer with his left foot doing the kicking?

Last time I saw Soen, he was eating primarily with his right hand. Has that changed? love Dee Dee

(these are important details grandmothers need to know!)

BonnieBlue said...

I, too, am right handed and left legged. Gr.B
Aunt Carol Rocks

Anonymous said...

dude i'm looking at the next striker for the 2022 world cup team. If we start him now think of the possibilities.

Soen wins the 2022 world cup the announcer runs over to him "Soen.. Soen!! You have just won the world cup. What do you have to say" Soen looks into the camera with a look of delight and exhaustion and with a quick breath says "Hi Mom!".

(a simple yankee family decides to follow another simple yankee family to NC, and more mayhem ensues.)