Monday, May 11, 2009

The S word


Roller Disco Queen

This was taken at a birthday party yesterday. I brought the kids' scooters and Soen was happy zipping around the place. But Sadie wanted to try roller skating. I love that about her. She's a gamer. Anyway this is pretty much what she did the whole time. She'd take ten minutes to skate from one end to the other--with the older kids zipping by--and then turn around and take ten minutes to skate back. Perfectly content.

Anyway, this post is called "The S word" because of an interaction Soen and I had the other day at the pool...
"I know a bad word, Daddy."
"Oh yeah?"
"The S word. Do you know what the S word is?"
"I know what it is. I'm curious if you know what it is."
"I know what it is. It's 'stupid.' "
"Ah. Yes, that's it all right."

I'm glad that was the S word he was talking about. Not only was I not looking forward to having a discussion with him about the other S word, but I'm also relieved because it wouldn't take a genius to figure out which parental figure he would have heard the other S word from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is it would be a tie between you and mommy and Papa! This just shows you what progress you are making in Soen's development. At least he knew stupid was a bad word! Many parents use it all the time to describe their children to their children! And that's just plan s.....!

Is it possible to lighten the video? I couldn't see much beyond shadows. Thanks for thinking of us and sending these along.

Love mom

BonnieBlue said...

I am waiting for pictures of your work on the yard. Hugs.