Friday, May 22, 2009

Tooth Fairy vs Santa


Guess what!

So, Soen lost his first tooth the other day. Wife has been having a rather hard time with this one. I guess her little boy is growing up too quickly. My dilemma, on the other hand, is more spiritual in nature. As you may know, I have forbidden Santa from our household. But I totally have a double standard when it comes to the tooth fairy. Wife called me on this the other day and I had no good explanation for her other than I'm a hypocrite.

As for the big night, he was concerned with the tooth getting lost under his pillow. I wsa only too happy to suggested we leave it out in the open, for I was concerned with how I was going to be able to do the old switcheroo without waking him up--especially since he's in his bunk bed. Anyway, he was pleased as punch when he woke up and found a dollar where his tooth was. And then promptly forgot all about the whole experience and went outside to look for lizards. I later asked him if he found himself playing with the gap with his tongue, which is what I used to do. He looked at me like I had four heads. He's already cooler than I ever was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I thought it was seven or eight before the teeth started falling out.......,..wow - this is way too fast! Now we need to teach him how to whistle!

I can't believe he doesn't play with the space - I thought everyone did that! He is the coolest! Love DD

p.s. I'm not sure about your double standard here - but I'm thinking on it.........