Sunday, September 9, 2007

Foul Beast

Our filmmakers caught Sadie in her one cute moment of the weekend.

So, like clockwork, two days after starting day care, Sadie caught a bug of some kind. First it was her runny nose. Then... well before this weekend, if I had used the term "shit storm," in this blog, it would have been as a metaphor for an extended tantrum. But now I use it as a literal description of what hit our household this weekend.

On Saturday, wife was at work and I was feeling brave enough to take the kids to the aquarium. Long story short, we never got out of the door. I put Sadie in her neglect-o-saucer so I could get myself and the boy dressed. Then I went to get her dressed. I'll skip all the disgusting details, but let's just say that the neglect-o-saucer and my T-shirt are now in the trash. By the time I got her and her changing table clean I was too exhausted and disgusted to even think about taking her outside, lest someone think she belonged to me. Good thing, too because that wasn't her only "fexplosion." In fact, at one point today I changed her only to have her poop again the moment I got her dressed.
And then there's the river of snot, which wouldn't be so bad if she didn't scream bloody murder and punch me in the face anytime I tried to wipe her nose.

So it was nice to catch her on video when she wasn't being a vile creature and actually being cute. Here she is pushing yet another piece of furniture that's not her new walker, which you see at the end of the clip.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Were the sounds in the video coming from Sadie? I'm impressed!

We had a similar "fexplosion" experience this weekend with Peter. It was the most...uh...matter I had ever seen in one place in my entire life.

Cheers to you, buddy.

Scott said...

I may have to trademark the term fexplosion.

BonnieBlue said...

Coin the term but do not call my granddaughter a foul beast! Thanks for the video

BonnieBlue said...

Coin the term but do not call my granddaughter a foul beast! Thanks for the video