Saturday, September 22, 2007

Meat!

Rare photo of Sadie not eating.

Can you guess which one of these is Sadie's new favorite food?

Eggs
Meatloaf
Buffalo
Sausage
Filet Mignon

Answer: All of the above. Wife bought me some ground buffalo meat the other day, which I grilled as burgers. Sadie, with a tray full of food in front of her, saw me eating a burger and started yelling at me, as is her custom whenever someone is eating anything she doesn't have. So I gave her a piece. She ate it and started yelling for more. Pretty soon I couldn't keep up with her. Next thing I know I can't put enough buffalo in front of her to keep up with her. This basic story gets repeated on a daily basis, just with different ingredients.

What cracks me up about it is that there's no smiling in appreciation of the food. She just consumes it and yells for more. I think her first words are going to be, "Yo! Keep it coming!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She probably got all the carnivorous genes in the family (that Michaela was using)....... by the way, why offer all the exotic food to your children all of which cost a small fortune??? - sushi- caviar - buffalo meat???? - most families are stuck on mac and cheese! You didn't develop your exotic taste until you were in your twenties!

hard to believe just a couple of months ago she was still on baby food......


love that girl! dee dee

Anonymous said...

In the last 24 hrs Sadies has consumed (in no specific order):
an entire pancake
grilled salmon
mulch
strawberries
grapes
sweet potato fries
sand
grilled grouper
hippie mini raviloi
cheerios
yogurt
milk
cat fur
fruit bar
dried cranberries
She is, literally, a human garbage disposal.
mm

Anonymous said...

looks like Sadie and Sylvia are cut from the same cloth.

Miss you all. Love seeing how much she's grown. Will catch up soon. Out most of this week at a conference then getting my eyes fixed (for good...Lasix) on Thursday!!

So yoga retreat in late January/early February?

XOMarianne

Anonymous said...

Ummm, is my husband the father of your child?? I swear, Sadie sounds like Mike - put in front of their face, they eat! ;)