Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wife

I was looking for a good photo of the wife but I didn't have one handy, so I grabbed the next best thing.

We're heading up to Philly this weekend for my cousin Lauren's wedding and we were hoping to meet up with our friends Sasha and Dee at some point. I was discussing our plans with Sasha when I realized I really had no idea what our plans were, other than getting on an airplane on Thursday and going to a wedding on Saturday (I think). This is in spite of the numerous lengthy emails from my mother laying out the complete details of our itinerary. This is nothing new. I really have no idea what's going on at any given point in my life. I basically just go where wife tells me to go and so far it's worked out pretty well.

But my discussion with Sasha reminded me of the other day when we were buying our new car (minivan). Wife found a good deal on a car loan and she told me the bank would be calling to verify that it was in fact me who was taking out the loan. So the bank called me and they had to ask me a few questions to verify that it was me. I got my name, birthday, and social security number right, but then she started in with who our mortgage was with. I had no idea, which was rather embarrassing. Then: With what bank did we take out a car loan in 2000? Again no idea (although that did turn out to be a trick question.) She asked me a few more questions that I was completely unable to answer and I started to laugh and I said, "I'll have to call you back when my wife gets home so she can tell me all the things I'm supposed to know that prove to you that I'm me."

Back to the wedding trip: Wife was having a conversation with my mom and she asked her about some detail or other and my mom says, "Well, I sent Scott an email about it," to which my wife says, "Why do you bother?" I just hope George Clooney gets married soon, so I don't have to worry about him stealing my wife and leaving me completely unable to pay the bills. I should probably go buy some flowers or something. But first I have to ask Wife where the flower store is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, Scotty. I don't know anything about any monthly payments. I do know that my husband keeps a wicked spreadsheet and could tell you how much we paid for gas (elec, restaurants, shopping, etc) for any particular month, going back 3 (or maybe 4 years).
But on the flip side, I bet neither Michaela nor Andre could tell you how long to soak a chicken breast in yogurt and spices before you throw it on the grill.
Now who do you think has more power!?! Yup.

XOMarianne

Scott said...

Yikes! Who knew Andre was such a geek? Mmmm... yogurt chicken.

Anonymous said...

p.s.
i can cook too.
i just choose not to.
mm

Anonymous said...

Oops...she has time to read the blog too, Scotty!? Damn.

Marianne

Anonymous said...

It's definitely saturday... and dont forget to bring the kids ;)

Anonymous said...

Gee, wife telling the husband where to be and when... Doesn't sound familiar in the LEAST bit. Nope, not at all... Not in any way... I never make sure Mike knows where to go or when to be there.

Michaela, do you think our men will EVER learn?? I swear, if it weren't for us, they might not know when to pee!

Anonymous said...

OK - so I looked at the blog late - I've been away - but yikes, we paid sooooo darn much for that first-class education! I thought at least - the very least - the boy would be able to function on his own or at least be able to pose as someone who could function on his own. Thank God Michaela came along.

Wait until she gets the bill I'm sending Scott to reimburse us for the education that didn't take! dee dee